So I spent a long time trying to decide what to do for the four, rather small, triangles I got for the Beep Beep Show "Alchemy". I had some ideas I really liked but that ended up not executing well and what I really wanted was to be able to do my type of figure work, but since the pieces were so small I didn't think that would work well either. I wasn't sure if I should address the fact that the work would be on triangles or that the show was called "Alchemy" or what. In the end I decided to go with a process I'd used before (mostly for fun) which involves taking all the random excess scraps and proofs from printing and cutting and piecing them together abstractly. I am not fond of working abstractly. To me, I never know when it's done. I feel like I'm not skilled at focusing an image without something figurative or representational.
But I went with it anyway. I took pictures along the way and thought I'd share the process a bit:
|The naked triangles.|
|With the first layer-duramount and Japanese papers.|
|The cut up scraps before I duramounted them.|
|Stacks of duramounted color!|
These are the triangles, along with he one at the top, before the final ink I added. If you want to see the final triangles then come to the show on December 3rd: