4.11.2011

In-Between (Heart and Soul)/ Cover art for a friend

Last week in the midst of babysitting a 7 and 4 year old I did a small project for my friend Nick.  He is in the University of Georgia's Music Business program and was creating a few songs for a project.  Check out the music here...I really like it.  He asked me to do some art for it.  Thought I'd share the process (beware blurry pics because of crappy camera):

The original drawing based off what he initially said, something along the lines of: a I want a piano player with dark colors and maybe a flower or something but very surreal like with arms or legs coming out of it..."  I thought this would be too light for what he wanted.  Turns out he thought it was too serious...

Worked on the drawing some more..fixed the hand and tried to make it look less serious.  This was too "rainbow-y"...


Did some computer editing so I didn't have to start all over and he rather liked the colors and everything.  The only addition he wanted was some stronger lines to the figure and flower shape...
This was the final version I liked the best.  I think my computer screen must be brighter than most peoples because I thought it looked better but he thought it was too dark....



So this is what he went with.  Ta-daaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment